Nritya Darpan provides talented dancers of all ages an opportunity to express themselves in front of a positive and inclusive community.
Nritya darpan, through a variety of dance dramas, gives the opportunity for our audience to see spectacular dance dramas though an amalgamation of dance styles from Indian classical to Western contemporary, where it showcases teamwork, talent and community spirit to make a positive contribution to our ever evolving communities.
Indian Heritage and Cultural Association -NJ is proud to present Nritya Darpan, a showcase of short dance dramas by local talented groups. It is the showcase of high-quality dances, unique concepts and artistic vision, spectacular choreography, and beautiful overall presentation, including high quality music tracks and/or narrations.
Reminder: this is not a dance competition, but rather an artistic exposition.
There will be a total about 5-6 performances selected from the entries received by our executive team.
- Dance Style: Any combination of classical, urban, folk or contemporary dances from any genre.
- Language (Narration/Song): Any language, instrumental, or live tracks
are also accepted.
- Subject: We ask that your concept should be unique, thought
provoking, and well portrayed by your dancers.
- Time: Your total performance should be between 15 min to 30 min max.
- Participants: A minimum of 3-5 dancers per entry. Maximum: as
required by dance drama.
- There is no age limit to participants.
- We ask that props and set, technical requirements such as
projection/screen are kept to the bare minimum.
- There is no entry fee.
Selection process: Along with entry form, you may submit synopsis and any video files of your entry. If this is a new production, a video is not be necessary. The entry form should give detailed information about the dances, the number of participants, and most importantly your artistic vision for your concept.